Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2016

RNR CHI Race Recap!

I'll make this one short and sweet because my last 2 blogs were long  (wayyyyyyyyyy to long).

This morning I ran the RNR Chicago 1/2 marathon; a key race before my main goal race.  And I bombed it.  It happens, I ran nowhere near my goal/nor my ability - but glad it happened now and not on game day I guess.  

The weekend was a blast though, got to spend it with Justin and see my family.  If that was all that happened this weekend it would be sensational in itself.    Several ACAI bowls, and fun at the EXPO.  I had plenty of hometown support too!!  My parents and Mrs. Cyr and Chase - really close family friends - pretty much family -  were able to make it!

used the bikeshare program to get everywhere - - fun, but some kinks that need to be worked out - ask Justin :)

Epic running along the lakefront

acai bowl #2 - not very good, wasn't a fan, tasted like sludge 

EXPO shenanigans - so  much fun

Acai bowl #1 -EPIC, best ever perhaps!!!


I have absolutely no excuses, I ate great, plenty of sleep, weather was terrific, course was flat.  I just was stupid and went out WAY too fast.  Here are my mile splits and my mind dialogue.

  • Mile 1:  5:51  - OH NO, crap
  • Mile 2:  6:16  - Perfect. stay here, not  too much damage done, you're fine
  • Mile 3:  6:04  - Ok, should be able to lock in here...
  • Mile 4:  5:33 - WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Mile 5:  6:33 - ugh CB, you dug yourself a hole now, hang on, it's your fault
  • Mile 6:  6:14 - perfect
  • Mile 7:  6:19 - - Im losing it
  • Mile 8:  6:36 - -Gone
  • Mile 9:  6:39 - - really gone
  • Mile 10: 6:42 - - ok, you can give up, or grind back
  • Mile 11:  6:32 - -there you go, fight back
  • Mile 12:  6:39 - - I feel fine, just no acceleration
  • Mile 13:  6:18 - - salvage it
Total Time 1:24:02 - 9th place overall


The key thing I learned and can take away is I started out way too aggressive and completely threw out our game plan.  I was way too amped up.  I have been training my tail off and so dialed in I think I just had way too much pent up energy.  I have got to stick to the game plan and pacing will take care of itself.
The good news is that the body feels great, and sometimes it's just not your day - - you move on.
And so that is what I shall do :)  I have had an amazing year so far and if this is the worst thing that happens to  me, I am living the life, xoxoox.
at  least i looked good :(


Trying to salvage something at mile 9


          
                                      recovering fast so I can get back to work - Normatec boots are amazing - and I had the hook up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment