The difference with previous cycles was that I had workout build on top of workout build on top of workout, and after months of doing that, I could see my progress develop. This cycle, I struggled to get healthy, then I struggled with injury, and I fought my way through training with endless doubts and fears; never really getting that momentum, really feeling stuck in neutral.
What I did have this cycle, is SO MUCH SUPPORT. From Doc Z, to Doc Maynard, to my PT gurus in Brian & Torrey, to my strength coach Dave, to Becky my rock, to Brent, to Ashlea, to my mom, to Justin, to my Track Angel Bill, and of course my Coach, Adam. And probably what gives me the edge like no one else, is my inspiration, Mrs. Cyr. Which brings me to why I am running on 12/3. I think if I was reading this I would say, if it wasn't going your way, why didn't you just call it? And the answer is so simple to me. Anybody can call it. But if I call it, Cancer wins. Does "it" really need another point? Mrs. Cyr and I are winning this one.
So what do I have going for me this time:
- I strung together faster longer runs this time around
- I strung together a really consistent base of weeks upon weeks of 85/86 MPW;without racing much there really wasn't much up and down like last time
- I strung together 3 really good workouts the past 3 weeks:
- Track ladder
- 1.5 mile repeats at faster then race pace
- 2 mile repeats at progressively faster then race pace
- Strength work→ Dave and I met 2x a week almost every single week
- Confidence in my fueling like never before with UCAN
- Mrs. Cyr in my heart, and a hug at the finish line
|This actually is a happy "CB"...this was after my last true workout, the 4 X 2 mile repeats. I knew in my heart I had put together 3 solid workouts in 3 weeks, I needed that. So this is more of a I'm "dead" in relief "dead" 😊|
Naturally, I know the question is, so what's the goal. I think I have an idea of a, "A", "B", and "C" goal, but I need to talk to the boss to make sure I am thinking about it right and he is aligned. Regardless though, there is a bigger meaning to getting to line this time, and crossing it. And I guess for the first time in my running "career"....I see that, I am so grateful for it, and I am ready to roll.
So let the taper begin, I have a really important hug waiting at the end of 26.2 miles❤