Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Win the Day

This is the phrase I am using throughout this fun rehab.  Last week as I was going out the door to pool run, I NAILED my toe on my bookshelf (I know right? Kick a girl when she is down); and a book fell off the shelf, it was Drew Brees' "Coming Back Stronger".  I have it, never read it.  Figured maybe it was a sign, and started to read it.  Funny how things work, it's all about him coming back from injury.  It literally is the only thing getting me through this.  Any way - his phrase was don't worry about tomorrow (time ticking by, not going to be able to run Eugene:( and focus on doing what you need to do TODAY to get back - WIN THE DAY.
So everyday I am doing everything I can with diet, supplements, PT, conditioning to keep the level of fitness I was at and heal.

Quick Update on Training...

Miles for this week= 0

Monday:
AM: 5 am pool running for 1.5 hours (did 10 X 1:00, 10 X :30, 10 X :15) then did hip prehab routine...went into locker room and lady who laughs at everything was there; no matter what I say. Started to think maybe I actually am funny?  Then I said have a good day and she laughed hysterically.  Dang,  Ok I guess I'm really not, she just laughs at everything.  Back to reality.

PM:  Went to PT before work trip.  Started out swell.  Asked me to warm up on treadmill.  Old CB - would have been half way home thinking what a waste of time.  New CB - calmy..."Um, I am here because I cannot run, sorry :("

Tuesday:
AM:  Mile repeats on elliptical - massive sweat pool; someone at gym told me to buy "arnica" it heals sprains - I stop at CVS and buy 3 bottles.  It doesn't.

PM:  PT, swimming, strength, someone told me Vitamin D Helps everything heal, stopped at CVS bought a bottle, not working yet.

Wednesday:
AM:  Pool running, why isn't this an Olympic sport?

PM:  PT, mini breakdown, Pilates

Thursday:
AM;  Pool Running, great work call, team bet me 3% chance I could sell something in, sold it in, at least I got that going for me :) Sort of fills the competitive void.

PM:  PT, mini breakdown, swimming

Friday:
AM;  tried treadmill, epic fail, flew home next to drunk woman who had 2 bud lights at 7:45 am, massage on ankle/foot

PM:  PT, heard a "pop" thought that was good sign, super positive, tomorrow will be the day!

Saturday:  Not the day! Tried to run, breakdown...drove to pool, 2 hours pool running, hard, as I was pissed.  Yoga.  Someone told me to try KT tape, lets you run on Sprained ankles, stopped at CVS to buy a package.  At this point thinking I should buy stock in CVS.

At this point just trying to stay positive, and know that there is a reason.  There is a plan, I just need to accept it and keep working hard.    I am working hard, not sure I am accepting it yet - why is that SO hard for me?

ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSSS.......Now on to more positive things!

1st, thank god for friends.  This is an ENTIRE jar of homemade almond butter - - my favorite food used to be peanut butter, this has now been replaced.  MASSIVE cheer up for me, good friends are priceless.



2nd, when I do start to run again, I will look darn cute! Got 2 new packages from Skechers!


3rd, enough about me!  How about a gift for YOU.  I think you have heard me harp about Nuun a lot, and how it saved my running when I was dealing with serious dehydration/fatigue - which basically we all are.  60% of EVERYTHING you drink should include electrolytes - - it's amazing how much better I feel after I replace those suckers.  Anyway, now through March 26th, you can use this code and get 20% off!!   LuckyNuunFriends


No comments:

Post a Comment